Data breaches seem to be common place these days. It’s an unfortunate side effect as technology continues to improve, particularly when it comes to banking. The added convenience to bank whenever and wherever you are day or night has given rise to cyber-attacks. To help
Keep up-to-date with your account information
- Regularly review your account statements as soon as you receive them to verify transactions. Contact us immediately if you identify any discrepancies.
- If you have forgotten your PIN or would like to select a new one, please call us at 833-837-4839 or contact your nearest Veritex branch location for assistance.
- With Veritex Online Banking you can monitor your account online any time and as frequently as you like.
- Report any suspicious activity and all crimes immediately to local law enforcement.
- Put any cash away as soon as your transaction is completed. Wait to count your cash until you're in the safety of a locked enclosure, such as a car or home.
- Don't leave your ATM receipts at the ATM location, even in the trash!
Checking Account Security Tips
- Limit the amount of information on checks. Don't print your driver's license number or Social Security number on your checks.
- Carry your checkbook with you only when necessary.
- Store new and cancelled checks in a safe and secure location.
- Use tamper-resistant checks. Veritex checks include many safety features such as tamper-resistant packaging and chemically sensitive paper to deter alterations.
Credit Card and Debit Card Security Tips
- Report lost or stolen cards and checks immediately.
- Always keep your credit and debit cards in a safe and secure place. Treat it as you would cash or checks.
- Do not send your card number through email, as it is typically not secure.
- Do not give out your card number over the phone unless you initiated the call.
- If you receive a replacement card, destroy your old card.
- Cancel and cut up unused credit and debit cards.
- Safe-keep or securely dispose of your transaction receipts.
- Don't do business with people who you do not trust. It may sound like simple common sense, but shop with merchants you know and trust.
- Contact Veritex immediately if your card is lost or stolen, or if you suspect unauthorized use at 833-837-4839 during business hours. If it is after normal banking hours, please contact 24-hour Visa customer service at 800-554-8969.
To learn more about the steps we take to protect your debit card transactions, visit our Debit Card Security page.