We have recently been notified that people are receiving phone calls from a person indicating they are with Veritex Community Bank’s risk management department. The caller is requesting the person’s full 16-digit card number. Please be aware the calls are not valid and you should not give out your card number or account number.
Protect Yourself From Debit (and Credit) Card Fraud
Veritex Bank cares about your safety and security and we want to assure you that we take every step possible to protect your personal and financial information. That is why we have a 24-hour security service that monitors all Veritex VISA Debit Cards for potentially fraudulent Activity.
If your card is lost or stolen or you suspect unauthorized use, contact your local Veritex branch immediately. If it is after normal banking hours, please contact 24-hour Visa customer service at 800-554-8969.
We may be calling you.
To protect your account, our Fraud Detection Center monitor your ATM and debit card transactions for potentially fraudulent activity which may include a sudden change in locale (such as when a U.S.-issued card is used unexpectedly overseas), a sudden string of costly purchases, or any pattern associated with new fraud trends around the world.
If we suspect fraudulent ATM or debit card use, we'll be calling you to validate the legitimacy of your transactions. Your participation in responding to our call is critical to prevent potential risk and avoid restrictions we may place on the use of your card.
- Our automated call will ask you to verify recent transaction activity on your card
- You'll be able to respond via your touchtone keypad
- You'll also be provided a toll-free number to call should you have additional questions
Our goal, quite simply, is to minimize your exposure to risk and the impact of any fraud. To ensure we can continue to reach you whenever potential fraud is detected, please keep us informed of your correct phone number and address at all times.
In the meantime, please be diligent in monitoring transaction activity on your account and contact us immediately if you identify any fraudulent transactions.
If your Debit Card is lost or stolen, please contact 24-hour VISA® Customer Service at 800-554-8969.
As always, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
When planning a trip abroad or to another state, we recommend you notify us. Providing basic travel information such as dates and destinations along with travel contact information can reduce the chances that your legitimate transactions will be blocked and help us to contact you faster if fraud is suspected.
When traveling, always have an alternative form of payment in the event your Veritex VISA Debit Card is lost or stolen.
Foreign locations have higher fraud risk levels. Your Veritex VISA Debit Card may not work in other countries if you do not let us know in advance that you are traveling. Stored Value Cards such as a pre-paid VISA card is recommended when traveling outside the United States.
Important phone numbers to carry when traveling:
- To report your Veritex VISA Debit Card lost or stolen: 1-800-554-8969
- Veritex Debit Card Fraud Detection Center (US Toll Free): 1-800-262-2024
- Outside US call collect: 973-682-2652
- Your local branch‘s phone number
At Veritex Community Bank your safety is important to us. ATM access has become a part of our everyday lives. Because we have grown accustomed to using ATMs on a regular basis, we don't always think about taking precautions. It's important to protect yourself from theft and here are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
- Don't give your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to anyone.
- Memorize your PIN – don't write it down or carry it with you.
- Your Veritex VISA Debit Card should be safeguarded like cash. Keep it in a secure place.
When using the ATM:
- Have your card out and ready to use.
- If you are visiting an ATM at night, make sure it is in a well-lit, public area.
- Shield the key pad while entering your PIN.
- Put your cash, receipt and card back into your wallet immediately and count your cash at home.
- Always be aware of your surroundings and exercise caution when withdrawing funds.
- Have someone accompany you when using an ATM after dark.
For more information on how to protect yourself from debit and credit card fraud, see our tips in the link below: