Debit Card Security
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM DEBIT (AND CREDIT) CARD FRAUD
Veritex Bank cares about your safety and security and we want to assure you that we take every step possible to protect your personal and financial information. That is why we have a 24-hour security service that monitors all Veritex VISA Debit Cards for potentially fraudulent Activity.
If your card is lost or stolen or you suspect unauthorized use, contact your local Veritex branch immediately. If it is after normal banking hours, please contact 24-hour Visa customer service at 866-302-3631.
DEBIT CARD FRAUD DETECTION
To protect your account, our Fraud Detection Center monitor your ATM and debit card transactions for potentially fraudulent activity which may include a sudden change in locale (such as when a U.S.-issued card is used unexpectedly overseas), a sudden string of costly purchases, or any pattern associated with new fraud trends around the world.
If we suspect fraudulent ATM or debit card use, we'll be contacting you to validate the legitimacy of your transactions. Your participation in responding to our text or call is critical to prevent potential risk and avoid restrictions we may place on the use of your card.
- Our text alerts and automated call will ask you to verify recent transaction activity on your card
- Our SMS Debit Card text alerts will only come from 96923
- You'll also be provided a toll-free number to call should you have additional questions
Our goal, quite simply, is to minimize your exposure to risk and the impact of any fraud. To ensure we can continue to reach you whenever potential fraud is detected, please keep us informed of your correct phone number and address at all times.
In the meantime, please be diligent in monitoring transaction activity on your account and contact us immediately if you identify any fraudulent transactions.
If your Debit Card is lost or stolen, please contact 24-hour VISA® Customer Service at 866-302-3631.
As always, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
When planning a trip abroad or to another state, we recommend you notify us. Providing basic travel information such as dates and destinations along with travel contact information can reduce the chances that your legitimate transactions will be blocked and help us to contact you faster if fraud is suspected.
When traveling, always have an alternative form of payment in the event your Veritex VISA Debit Card is lost or stolen.
Foreign locations have higher fraud risk levels. Your Veritex VISA Debit Card may not work in other countries if you do not let us know in advance that you are traveling. Stored Value Cards such as a pre-paid VISA card is recommended when traveling outside the United States.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS TO CARRY WHEN TRAVELING:
- To report your Veritex VISA Debit Card lost or stolen: 1-800-554-8969
- Veritex Debit Card Fraud Detection Center (US Toll Free): 1-800-262-2024
- Outside US call collect: 973-682-2652
- Your local branch‘s phone number
At Veritex Community Bank your safety is important to us. ATM access has become a part of our everyday lives. Because we have grown accustomed to using ATMs on a regular basis, we don't always think about taking precautions. It's important to protect yourself from theft and here are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
- Don't give your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to anyone.
- Memorize your PIN – don't write it down or carry it with you.
- Your Veritex VISA Debit Card should be safeguarded like cash. Keep it in a secure place.
WHEN USING THE ATM:
- Have your card out and ready to use.
- If you are visiting an ATM at night, make sure it is in a well-lit, public area.
- Shield the key pad while entering your PIN.
- Put your cash, receipt and card back into your wallet immediately and count your cash at home.
- Always be aware of your surroundings and exercise caution when withdrawing funds.
- Have someone accompany you when using an ATM after dark.
For more information on how to protect yourself from debit and credit card fraud, see our tips in the link below:
TIPS FOR SHOPPING WITH YOUR DEBIT CARD
Keeping your information safe and secure is best achieved by being vigilant when using your Veritex credit and debit cards. By taking a common sense approach to protecting your information, you can help ensure that your financial security and personal identity remain safe and sound. Here are some tips to help to protect your personal information and Veritex Debit Card while shopping or eating at your favorite restaurant.
- Protect your PIN. Never write it down or give it to anyone. Physically shield your PIN number from prying eyes anytime you have to enter it.
- Need cash from an ATM? Veritex now offers surcharge-free ATM’s through the Allpoint® ATM Network which is available at over 55,000 locations worldwide-many of which are located inside retail stores.
- Report lost or stolen debit and credit cards immediately. Monitor your account in online or mobile banking and notify Veritex immediately if you see any suspicious activity.
- Don’t let your debit or credit cards out of your sight. Pay attention to where your card is swiped and make sure it is not used on anything but a store register or credit/debit terminal.
- Know who you are dealing with. Never click on a link in an email. Only go to sites by directly typing the URL in your browser’s address bar.
- Check it before you click on it. Be aware of misleading Subject Lines or malicious embedded links within emails.
Make sure any internet purchase activity you engage in is secured with encryption to protect your account information. Look for "secure transaction" symbols like a lock symbol in the lower right-hand corner of your web browser window, or "https://…" in the address bar of the website. The "s" indicates \"secured\" and means the web page uses encryption.
Always log off from any website after a purchase transaction made with your credit or debit card. If you cannot log off, shut down your browser to prevent unauthorized access to your account information.
View and track your Debit Card activity with Online & Mobile Banking. Set up e-mail or text alerts to let you know about changes in your balance or when a large purchase has been made.
If a signature-based debit card transaction doesn't go through at a merchant location, try it as a pinned transaction (enter your PIN as part of the transaction) if available. From time to time, we may block signature-based transactions from a particular type of merchant or area of the country if we are experiencing high volumes of debit card fraud.
Due to higher ATM and debit card fraud from many foreign countries, ATM and debit card transactions may be blocked. Please let your banker know when you will be travelling outside the country.
* Veritex Bank will cover fraudulent transactions made by others using your Veritex consumer debit or small business debit or ATM card. Claims may only be filed against transactions posted and settled on your account. Claims are subject to limitations and verification, including providing all requested information supporting unauthorized use. To be covered, you must report your Veritex Debit Card lost or stolen within two (2) business days of the discovery of the fraudulent activity, and do not share personal or account information with anyone, including your PIN. Then report the claim to us within sixty (60) days of the statement date.