We're excited to announce Zelle® is here!
What is Zelle®?
Also known as Peer-to-Peer money transfers, Zelle® is a safe, easy, and contact-free way to send money to and receive from people you know and trust through Veritex Online and Mobile Banking. Currently, it is ONLY available for consumers.
Ask your recipient to enroll with Zelle® before you send them money – this will help them get your payment quicker.
How does it work?
- Zelle® allows Veritex online and mobile banking users to send money directly from one bank account in the U.S. to another using the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number.
- If both the sender and recipient are enrolled with Zelle®, money is typically received within minutes.
- Zelle® can be used to send money to people at the same bank, or at a different bank.
- People can enroll with Zelle® in two ways:
If their financial institution offers Zelle®, they will use Zelle® within their financial institution’s online banking or mobile banking app. This will debit or credit their checking or savings account.This is called an in-network transaction.
If their financial institution does not offer Zelle®, they can enroll directly using the Zelle® mobile app using their debit card (out-of-network transaction).
Zelle® users can send/receive money transfers from people both in-network and out-of-network.
- Once you send another person money using Zelle, you can only cancel the payment if the recipient has not yet enrolled, and the payment is still pending. If the recipient has already enrolled, then money goes directly into the recipient’s bank account and the payment cannot be canceled.
What you need to know
The most often contribution to fraud is when people willingly provide their personal information. Here at Veritex Bank, we will never call you and ask for your username or password. If you believe you are being targeted, immediately change your passwords and usernames. Avoid using links and phone numbers sent to you directly. Instead, find the correct website or phone number by searching from your secure web browser.
In addition, never send money to people you don't know. Always confirm requests for payment before sending the money.